Sunday, April 3, 2011

We're (Almost) Famous

The St. Paul Pioneer Press published this story today in Bulletin Board.

Grandma Jody:My daughter Sarah just emailed me this story about 5-year-old Boy Genius:

"I was exhausted the other night, so I decided I would let the television help me entertain the kids for a while. I turned on Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. If you haven't seen it, there are 4 contestants and they battle it out (3 judges critique taste, presentation, uniqueness, etc.) for a cash prize and the privilege of having their 1,000 cupcake display at a party. It was a pretty entertaining show and came down to a decision between a man and a woman for the win. I was kind of thinking the man would win because he had nailed all of the challenges and seemed to be the favorite. Apparently Luke was thinking the same thing. I had no idea he was so invested in the show, until the upset win at the end (the woman took the prize). Upon hearing the announcement, Luke became furious and teary eyed. Choking back tears, he said incredulously, "WHAAAT!?!! She BURNED the GANACHE and she WON?!". "