Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Lunacy

Well, I got it. Whatever that thing is that makes you do time wasting consuming stuff that's stuck in your head when you are supposed to be doing something else. Not simple procrastination. More lunatic than that. Dangerously close to a mental illness of some sort. Self-destructive. Almost delusional. It started with me looking for the kids' Easter baskets on Sunday. I couldn't find them. And I am sick of re-buying them every year, and storing them. *Poof* Into my head popped an idea, complete with the giant light bulb overhead like in the cartoons. An Easter bag!


Brilliant. Easy to store. Easy to stuff. Easy to hide. But I would have to make it. Them. Five of them. Never mind I have 4 Doctor appointments this week, a house to clean, cooking to do, and company coming on Sunday. Forget the estate sale to prepare for and sit at all day Friday plus Saturday morning. Not to mention Luke's birthday party Saturday afternoon. Lunacy! So I spent 2 hours at Joann picking out fabric like the bag in my head, and figuring out yardages, and notions. Then an hour looking at bunnies on the internet and drawing them out to make a pattern.


Then an evening, an entire morning, and another evening sewing them. Damn my serger!!! Well, what do you think? Was it worth it? I did get carried away with the loot this year- it was an awful long wait for Easter.


And now I am sweeping up the fabric scraps and the threads to put out for the birds to make their little nests with. I am a loon!