Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hippity Hoppity and Hip Hop




We finally had a great day for Easter. My dad, Mike, Dean, Dale and Jen, Sarah, Patrick, Molly, Jeff, Hannah, Zach and Diane plus all 5 grandchildren came over for dinner. Being the strict gramma that I am, I made the kids eat before they could look for their bags. (I didn't have to tell the adults to eat twice!) I only hid them on the main floor in the house, but even Dean could only find 2 and that was with 'You're getting Hotter-You're getting Colder' help. We took very few Easter pictures- the boys were way too Hopped Up to participate. The kids got DVD's, Hex bugs, books, bubbles,and tons of other Easter paraphernalia.




We had our traditional meal including ham, potato salad, calico beans, vegies and dip, lemon jello, and strawberries and marshmallow dip. Dad, Mike, Molly and Jeff played cribbage after dinner while Patrick, Hannah and Zach took the kids to the playground.Grandpa slept, and Diane and I sat in the sun, putting on and taking off our sweaters every few minutes. Dean made candy necklaces for the kids. After a dessert of either cherry delight or turtle pie, a few brave souls played Wii Just Dance.