Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Wunderkind




Nate went fishing with his Uncle Marc on the St. Croix and caught 2 HUGE STURGEON! The first was 49 inches and 45 lbs. and the second was 59 inches and 60 lbs.. Bigger than him! They drew a crowd of spectators in boats during the 15 minutes it took for him to reel the monster in. They let out a cheer when he landed it. I don't think fishing for sunnies off the docks will ever hold the same appeal.
I went to Nate's football game tonight at North St. Paul High School. He got in a few good tackles and a recovery. He amused us with his pro mimicry- like a slap up both sides of a teammate's helmet, or a flying chest bump to celebrate. Joining the peanut gallery was mom, dad, Jake, Max, Diane and Dale. The warm weather dissolved a few seconds after sundown, and the field was wet to boot! Note to self- remember to bring warm clothes and a chair. I was able to keep track of him for most of the game by his white socks with a black stripe, but he was a laundry nightmare at the end of the game and I found myself cheering for the wrong kid. But they won, 13-12. Yeah.