I generally don't like Autumn. But I have been trying to turn over a new leaf, as far as fall is concerned. I spent the last couple of days searching for things to like about it. The beautiful weather we have been having is making it considerably easier. So far, I appreciate fall for : *The sunny, not a cloud in sight, blue skies and pleasant days. I mean seriously, have you looked up? *.The quality of the light in the evening. I just love that rich, golden hue. I would imagine this is what is is like in Tuscany. *My garden full of hydrangeas and sedum. Everything is taking on that rosy glow from the nip in the air at night, and the grass is still green. *The fact that my cat loves me enough to make a present of her hunting. The mice are too distracted getting ready for winter that they don't see her coming. She leaves them for me one or two at a time on my doorstep. * No air conditioning bills. *Fall decorating- I was lucky enough to go home with a floral arrangement from my nephews wedding 5 years ago. As beautiful as it was with fresh flowers, I like it equally as well dried. I have been changing out the actual flowers for new ones as they deteriorate, but I think I've kept the spirit intact. I am also hoping for new bittersweet courtesy of Danielle's Uber Hubby Mark and his "camp" in Wisconsin.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
A New Leaf
I generally don't like Autumn. But I have been trying to turn over a new leaf, as far as fall is concerned. I spent the last couple of days searching for things to like about it. The beautiful weather we have been having is making it considerably easier. So far, I appreciate fall for : *The sunny, not a cloud in sight, blue skies and pleasant days. I mean seriously, have you looked up? *.The quality of the light in the evening. I just love that rich, golden hue. I would imagine this is what is is like in Tuscany. *My garden full of hydrangeas and sedum. Everything is taking on that rosy glow from the nip in the air at night, and the grass is still green. *The fact that my cat loves me enough to make a present of her hunting. The mice are too distracted getting ready for winter that they don't see her coming. She leaves them for me one or two at a time on my doorstep. * No air conditioning bills. *Fall decorating- I was lucky enough to go home with a floral arrangement from my nephews wedding 5 years ago. As beautiful as it was with fresh flowers, I like it equally as well dried. I have been changing out the actual flowers for new ones as they deteriorate, but I think I've kept the spirit intact. I am also hoping for new bittersweet courtesy of Danielle's Uber Hubby Mark and his "camp" in Wisconsin.