Sunday, September 12, 2010

Big Red, Junior Red, and "Don't Wanna Go to Bed"



I had a big weekend. I started at Nate's JUNIOR POLAR'S football game on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. , and ended on Sunday morning when Jeff and Molly came rolling in with the motor home. In between was a whole lot of kids. Three to be exact, but once you're outnumbered, it might as well be 30! After Nate's game, in which I might brag he caught two interceptions, and tackled on 99% of the plays, we went to Molly's. Jeff and Molly took off for a birthday getaway for Jeff, and Grandpa took Nate to football pictures. Max went in for a nap. When they came back, Nate rested, I napped with Max, and Grandpa and Jake went fishing. We took the kids to T.G.I.F.'s for supper. It was an experiment that went well. The kids were pleasant, ate everything, and we all shared a piece of vanilla cheesecake for dessert. When we got back, we built a castle out of the Giant Legos in the backyard play area, finishing just as it was too dark to see. First order of business was making the boys take a shower before bed. After I threatened Nate that I would be sniffing him when he got out, and if he didn't smell clean I was hopping in the shower to wash him, he scrubbed as rosy as a baby. Jake followed and came out with his Clifford, the Big Red Dog costume as PJs. My philosophy on putting the kids to bed was to wait until they begged to go. Max was the first to go down, probably closer to 10 than I'd like to admit. Jake cried "uncle" at 10:30 or so, and Nate and I watched the National Geographic channel until I found out it was 11:30! I didn't sleep that hot (note to self, bring your own pillow), but the kidlets really slept in. Nate climbed into bed with me at 9:30, followed by Clifford, I mean Jake, and Max yelled at 10. We ate breakfast, got changed and went out to play until Molly and Jeff pulled in. Since Molly won $100 at the casino last night, we all went to lunch. Thanks Molly.