Whew, what a week. My mom had the last 2 days of her chemo on Monday and Tuesday, and I took her to eat and out shopping for a while. She always has extra energy during the 7 days she has chemo, and starts to feel lousy after it's done,so I try to take her out when she feels good . I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and went to lunch with Danielle afterward. (I also got to take care of Max and Jake while Molly took a shower.) I started a new prescription for my fibromyalgia, but it is making me so tired I don't think I'll be able to stay on it. I'll try a half dose before I quit it because it really does help me. Bob took his mom to the doctor on Thursday for another bladder infection. Friday Bob and I went out to lunch alone- a rare treat lately.
We had Luke and Sophie again all week. Luke was particularly disobedient, but also particularly entertaining. He snapped off the computer, which he knows is a NO, NEVER, and then out of the blue, he told Sophie "she has a pretty ugly face." which was kinda funny in a naughty, random sort of way. He sprayed room deodoriser all over the cabinet in the bathroom, but then he wrote on his hands with pen and explained he was making "laser beeps'"(beams). How can you yell at a kid for that, especially after he told me he needed them to shoot things. Luke's Word of the week is CONTRAPTION.
I spent the better part of each day looking at travel to Africa. Bob, Zach and I are trying to go see Emily for 2 weeks in early April. The fare is monstrous though and the flight times and connections are even worse! I can't book until I get word back on the safari we want to go on with her and I am worried that we will miss out completely if fares go up anymore. South Africa is pretty big and we need to fly between Cape Town and Krueger National Park for the safari. Emily has promised to take me to dead penguin beach. This is a trip of a lifetime I keep saying to myself. It has become my mantra. Speaking of Emily, she is on tour until next Thursday night and promised to update her blog after that.