Friday, February 13, 2009

The Shover Thrower 3000



Another week. Another story. Nothing as cool as Emily's life, but then again, not much is.
One day Luke went in to use the potty alone as usual. I still don't know what he did but he flooded the bathroom, kitchen, hallway and my bedroom in about 5 seconds flat. I have never seen so much flowing water indoors. I emptied the linen closet onto the mess and turned around just in time to see Sophie playing in the toilet. Both kids were wet up to their knees and Sophie was also wet up to her elbows. I had to change both of them into new clothes and toss the wet stuff into the tub for later. I had two whole loads of towels.
I had the kids alone for 3 days this week because of Bob's work schedule.
On Wednesday I dug out the giant duplo Lego's for Sophie, but Luke wanted in too. She didn't want to stack them as much as sit in them. He made himself a gun out of his. The "shover thrower 3000" according to Luke.(Uncle Dean and I had to take turns "freezing" when we got shot.) I spent about half hour stacking them after they left so they would fit back into the bin! After that I turned down a lunch date with Jill in favor of a nap because I was so tired. My mom ditched her in favor of getting a blood transfusion.
On Thursday, Bob and I took the kids to Maplewood Mall Play area. Molly, Jake and Max met us there. The boys were very excited to see each other since they have not been together except in school since Max was born. There was alot of screaming and hugging. Sophie saw Max for the first time. She wasn't too interested until she saw him move. Then she reached out and touched his hat and smiled.WOW A living doll. The rest of the time she was a daredevil, running and climbing and going down the slide like a big kid, most of the time with Jake right on her heels. We finished up with a quick bite at BW3.
On Friday Luke was busy stringing candy necklaces at the kitchen table. He was almost finished when he dropped the string and had to start over. He tired of it soon after that and asked me to string them for him "in a hurry." I did. Then he ate them in a hurry. I don't know why I had to string them if he was just going to eat it right away. Whatever!
I went out for supper at the last minute with Robyn. We went to Chili's (where else?) and had an appetizer, fajitas and dessert. Yeah! Great way to end the week...