Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday with Da Boyz

I've been laying low since I am still sick as a dog. But today my pal Nate was on spring break so I went and picked him up. He talked me into buying him some awful blue candy he saw on TV ( I know it was awful by the look on his face when he ate it.) It left his mouth, tongue, and teeth bright blue. I told him he needed to brush his teeth when we got home. He said he didn't like to. I explained that girls don't like boys with yellow teeth, but he said he already has 2 girlfriends at school and they don't care.
We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with this magnetic building set consisting of sticks, balls and plates in assorted colors and sizes. We took turns building and then guessing what each other's creations were. I built things like a stoplight, chaise lounge, and a snowflake. He built abstract things like a superhero, a robot and a pole.
We had many only Nathan conversations including the following. Nate-" Zach is cool. He is a gangster." Me- " Why would you say that?" Nate - " Because he colors his hair cool colors and he doesn't wear a jacket outside." Me -"That doesn't make him a gangster, it makes him a dufus." Nate- " Zach is so cool. I wish I were him."
Tonight we went out with Molly and Jeff and Da Boyz for her birthday. Max was golden. Not one peep out of him and we were there 2 hours. Jake was his usual comedian self. "Gwamma, wook at me." He then raises his eyebrows up and down, up and down, up and down. "How'd you wike dat?" well, Jake, I liked it very much. He always makes me laugh.