Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Little Pork Chop



This week Molly went off maternity leave and back to daycare. Therefore I went back to retirement. I spent most of the week at home and resting since I am still fighting this cough. I did get out in bits and pieces and got a few more things crossed off my list for the BIG TRIP. Friday I went in and got my Remicade so I should be in top form for Africa. Ha. On Saturday Bob made supper for Hannah and her new boyfriend Neil. Olive Garden salad, Tuscana soup, and Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and all the fixings. He was asking about what we'd be doing on vacation, and I was telling him about the bungy jumping, ostrich riding, sand boarding, and elephant petting we'd be doing. Then I had to correct myself. THEY'LL be doing. I'LL be watching.
Afterwards, Molly and Jeff dropped off Jake and Max so they could celebrate their anniversary and her birthday alone at The Melting Pot. The little guys were good, but I had to take Ibuprofen for my arm after holding "the little pork chop" all night. He now weighs 11 1/2 pounds. Jake watched Spiderman on DVD although I don't know why, since it seems he has it memorized. I had both of them sleeping when they came to pick them up. Good Job, Grandma!
Our furnace was on the fritz, so we had to turn it off since last weekend. My brother-in-law Brian fixed it for us when he came home from Florida. The kittys were very happy. They had been spending all day in the sun, but when it went down for the day, they looked for a lap.