Before I start I need to make a correction from my first post. I apparently thanked Zach prematurely. The minute I started typing he went to bed and I was left to my own devices. Remember, I went to school in the days of sliderules. So,bully for me!
Today we decided to run an errand and go to lunch. With the kids. We must have forgotten what it's like. We rounded up the shoes, coats, hats, mittens, carseats, dipes, wipes, and sippy cups. Halfway to Walmart we went back and got the kids. We headed off again. Note to self- remember to bring list because you cannot think with toddlers. Luke "the Boy Genius" decided he couldn't live without BENDAROOS and sent us on a wild goose chase around the store to find them. It turns out he saw them on an infomercial and they are Not Sold In Stores. He settled for a pack of pipecleaners but wasn't very happy about it. Sophie, "Little Miss Meltdown", yelled condescendingly at the top of her lungs "come ON!" during the whole trip around the store. I don't know if her disdain was for me or the entire Walmart experience. But I did find her some fabulous leopard print short boots and matching tights to go with the three "My Vintage Baby" skirts I already bought her. She attracted alot of attention from the staff at Walmart for her Pebbles Flintstone ponytail on top of her head. I have no idea why that surprised me, as Bob pointed out, "we ARE at Walmart."
We finished up with a lunch at Wendy's consisting of Chicken nuggets, orange slices, and chocolate milk. I swear that kids have an instruction manual in their heads that state they cannot eat anything but that until they are seven. We followed up with a nap.
I know I used to do this, and I know I'll be able to again. Just hope the kids give me a chance...
Wow, I'm really proud of you...how techie!! I love your and Emily's blogs! I saw bulletin board yesterday and I saved it for you..how cute! Keep the updates coming..especially with the pictures!
ReplyDeleteStefan took that picture of Luke :-)
ReplyDelete