Monday, May 2, 2011
A Big Fib
Luke showed up at my house with Sophie this morning. He told his dad he "thought he was going to puke a little", so Patrick brought him here instead of school. I'm not saying the kid was lying, but I can spot a Fibber a mile away. I think the thought of his sister going to Grandma's, and him going to school made him want to puke. After a morning of Dance Party on the Wii and some silly putty fun, I told him it was nap time with Sophie and me. "But Grandma, I'm six" he whined. I explained that if you are too sick to go to school, you are too sick to skip a nap. He bought it. When I got up I left my bedroom door cracked open. He got out of bed, slammed the door shut, and went back to sleep. He didn't get up until Sarah came to pick him up. See, sometimes Grandma knows best!