Sophie went upstairs to wake up Hannah on Friday morning. Hannah had painted a glow- in- the dark skeleton costume and she put it on and danced for us in the dark. Sophie liked it, but not enough to let Hannah hold her while wearing it. Sophie then talked Aunty Hannah into polishing her toes and fingers. She didn't want to put on her socks and shoes to go shopping, but I made her. We had alot of errands to run to pick up stuff for Emily before I leave to visit her next Thursday. We went to Ulta to pick up makeup and Sophie held the shopping basket. We talked the cashier into a perfume sample, and sprayed it on our wrists in the car. We went to Best Buy to buy a present for Patrick's and Jeff's birthdays, and Sophie tried to get me to buy a Pillow Pet for her dad. I resisted! We went to lunch at TGIF and ordered dessert! We were on the way to Aveda when Sophie fell asleep in her car seat, so we went home. After her nap we went to Jill's for Andrew's (and Zach's and Patrick's) birthday party. I promised Sophie she could go barefoot once we got there so everyone could enjoy her toes. (Of course Jake was in a costume - Batman this time.) At the end of the party Nate asked to stay overnight with me. I said yes because it won't be that many years and he'll be too busy for his old grandma. We went home and watched Casper the Friendly Ghost on DVD and stayed up until midnight. He slept with me and giggled in his sleep about 5 times, thoroughly scaring me each time. It's surprising how creepy a giggle can sound out of the blue in the dark. On Saturday morning, he watched cartoons while he ate breakfast. After repeatedly checking, Nate was finally able to chat with Emily on Gmail. I read him the story about the mummy in the newspaper. We lazily lounged around until 12:30, when we set out on a new round of errands. He picked Chipotle for lunch. We stopped at Sprint, the gas station, Petsmart, and Sam's Club. (And Yes, we did get to Aveda.) I am sleeping until noon tomorrow!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Grandma Time
Sophie went upstairs to wake up Hannah on Friday morning. Hannah had painted a glow- in- the dark skeleton costume and she put it on and danced for us in the dark. Sophie liked it, but not enough to let Hannah hold her while wearing it. Sophie then talked Aunty Hannah into polishing her toes and fingers. She didn't want to put on her socks and shoes to go shopping, but I made her. We had alot of errands to run to pick up stuff for Emily before I leave to visit her next Thursday. We went to Ulta to pick up makeup and Sophie held the shopping basket. We talked the cashier into a perfume sample, and sprayed it on our wrists in the car. We went to Best Buy to buy a present for Patrick's and Jeff's birthdays, and Sophie tried to get me to buy a Pillow Pet for her dad. I resisted! We went to lunch at TGIF and ordered dessert! We were on the way to Aveda when Sophie fell asleep in her car seat, so we went home. After her nap we went to Jill's for Andrew's (and Zach's and Patrick's) birthday party. I promised Sophie she could go barefoot once we got there so everyone could enjoy her toes. (Of course Jake was in a costume - Batman this time.) At the end of the party Nate asked to stay overnight with me. I said yes because it won't be that many years and he'll be too busy for his old grandma. We went home and watched Casper the Friendly Ghost on DVD and stayed up until midnight. He slept with me and giggled in his sleep about 5 times, thoroughly scaring me each time. It's surprising how creepy a giggle can sound out of the blue in the dark. On Saturday morning, he watched cartoons while he ate breakfast. After repeatedly checking, Nate was finally able to chat with Emily on Gmail. I read him the story about the mummy in the newspaper. We lazily lounged around until 12:30, when we set out on a new round of errands. He picked Chipotle for lunch. We stopped at Sprint, the gas station, Petsmart, and Sam's Club. (And Yes, we did get to Aveda.) I am sleeping until noon tomorrow!