This is the first week of school. My house looks like a hurricane went through it! Hannah and Zach moved out. Emily came home and moved in with Hannah. All that's left is a jumble of unwanted possessions and dust bunnies. I have spent a part of each day going through Zach's leftovers in his room. (maybe our new master bedroom?) After that I have Hannah's room (actually my half done sewing room) and then on to the basement and the garage. The girls have conveniently "forgotten" what they don't want to take to their new house. I am planning on loading the car this weekend and moving it for them. I win! Zach was banned from class and his dorm room on Thursday when he came down with the flu. He was sent home with a mask and a warning not to come back until he is fever free. Such is life in the reality of H1N1!
Since Luke has started school, I had Sophie alone for the morning. I had to hop in the shower before I went to physical therapy, so I packed Sophie's things into the bathroom with me. I forgot how hard it is to do anything with a 2 year old. Just so I wouldn't get too full of myself, Sophie reminded me "Grandma, you have a big butt!" thanks, Sophie.
We spent the morning playing "baby", polishing her nails (orange this time), and snacking on grapes for breakfast. It could've been worse. She dug out the Fischer Price farm, and was upset that the piggies had dirty feet. I explained to her that pigs like mud, but she wasn't satisfied until I had her look at the smile on the pig's plastic face. All is Good.
Luke came home from school and we had lunch and napped. He was a little fidgety and I had to warn him a couple of times. Probably the first day of school excitement. He told me he loves the fall. That makes one of us....