#1. We finally were ready to sell her house after almost 3 years. The night before the closing, I needed to drop off my keys to the house. We had picked up Emily at 10:30 that night at the airport, so we invited her to see it with us for the last time. We walked from room to room admiring all our hard work, reminiscing,and remembering Mom. Our last stop was the basement. As we looked around trying to find the places that we kids wrote our names in the rafters, Emily looked down and spotted the lone dime! ( No one had lived there for three years, and it has been completely empty for over a year.)
#2. After
#3.Bob and I went out to lunch (a favorite activity of my mom's and ours.) The hostess randomly assigned us a table, and when Bob went to sit down he found a lone dime on the banquette seat!
#4.Today Bob and I stopped at the mall for a minute to look for stuff for our vacation next week. Bob dropped me off at the door, then parked. He followed me in by 45 seconds, and in that time, lying on the same stretch of concrete that I just walked, was a dime and a penny, lying side-by-side. (His mom sends us pennies!)
For more on the dimes, please see these posts.
"Keep 'em Coming" from July 2011 and "The Eleven Cent Cure" from August 2012.
Love you, Mom!