Luke: "Is that where you get buffalo wings from?"
Me: "Nope. Look at the size of those things. Buffalo wings come from little chickens."
Luke: " Gramma,I know that wings come from chickens, but where do the big pieces (tenders) come from?"
Is it wrong to take such delight in knowing more than a 6 year old? It's just that when he says something, there is as good as a chance as not that he is right. I usually defer to him. But jeez, I know my food!
We took a pass through the tropical exhibit, quickly passing by the snake, tarantula, and creepy 'dead' frog. The zookeeper says it was sleeping, but when a pale bloaty looking frog floats upside down on top of the water tank, I call it as I see it. Luke said it's just nocturnal. I hope they are right.
On the way out, a lady showed us a jar with that damn hissing cockroach in it again. Luke says,"He's from Madagascar.That's an island off the coast of Africa." See what I mean? She also showed us the coolest thing I have ever seen. If I ever decide to get a pet spider, this will be it. Are you ready for it. It's a Hawaiian Happy Face Spider. Real unretouched photo of one below. It made us laugh the rest of the day.

On Friday Nate, Jake and Max came back. I walked them down to the school playground to wear off some energy. I spent the whole time yelling at Nate to be careful by Max, and to be a little gentler with Jake. Wore me out. Big Time. Watching 3 boys by myself is not for the feint of heart. When we got back home we played out in the backyard to the same tune. Finally Grandpa was done cutting the grass and Hannah done napping. We washed off the dirt and sweat as well as we could, and loaded them into the car topless. We made a quick emergency t-shirt buying stop at Target, then went to Buffalo Wild Wings. All three boys were on their best behavior, and scarfed down everything we put in front of them, like lions on a zebra. I probably could've ordered a real buffalo for the wings! When we got home, we threw them in the tub and then in bed. Max was not that thrilled with the prospect of staying overnight, but he eventually settled down in his crib for the night while Grandpa said reassuring things from the bed next to him. Jake drifted off quickly, and I was left up alone with Nate. By 12:30 we were all in for the night. Jake and Max woke at 7 A.M. Yikes! Thankfully today was a good nap day.