Friday, February 4, 2011

Sparkles the Farting Unicorn

Another Friday, another fun day with Miss Sophie Jane. Sophie was sitting in her pajamas and just rarin' to go shopping for "something sparkly". Just one thing was stopping us. Sarah forgot to send clothes and I had just sent home a shopping bag of "my" back-ups to her house last week. We had slim pickin's because she decided she had to wear a dress and I only had one non-sundress left. The dress was fine, but I could only find a pair of pale pink anklets. Wrong color. I put a pair of capri leggings under it, but it still wasn't warm enough. And her only shoes were hot pink sparkly tennis. After getting dressed, she was so cute we had to have a photo shoot. She is getting to be quite the little model, don't you think? We left to go shopping, and first order of business was to buy tights and shoes. We found a cute pair of black leather maryjanes in her size (and I also found a pair of brown ones for next year.) Both cheap enough! I soon found a pair of cream color lycra tights and we were off to the cashier and then the dressing room. Suitably dressed for lunch now, we dropped by the University campus to pick up Hannah. Sophie wanted pizza, so we headed for Old Chicago. Sophie chose to sit on Aunty Hannah's side of the booth, and so of course they were fooling around! Hannah always gets her going. Hannah was chewing gum and Sophie asked for some. She was chewing her last piece, so she offered that to Sophie. And she took it. Sophie said, "Thanks Aunty Hannah, that was very sweet of you" as she was chewing her ABC gum. Sophie had brought her stuffed unicorn with her and Hannah was entertaining us by having it talk to Sophie in a squeaky voice while she was moving it around like a puppet. At one point in her enactment, she made a loud ppphhhttttt sound. Sophie shouted "YOU CAN'T JUST LET FARTS IN HERE!!!!" We burst into laughter until we dissolved into tears. I am sure everyone thought one of us had done the deed! I am probably banned from Old Chicago for life. Sorry Diane.




/>