Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Big Old Lump of Coal

After all the planning, shopping, wrapping and cooking that has gone into getting ready for Christmas, I missed it! I was visited by the Grinch of Holiday Present, A.K.A. The Flu. I woke on the 24th with a cough and chills, and it all went downhill from there. I got out of bed about 5 minutes before the kids came over on Christmas morning for brunch and to open presents. I didn't feel good enough to wait for the egg bake to be finished , so for the first time in history I let the kids open their presents before breakfast. I then crawled back to the couch and then onward to bed. I planned on taking family pictures, but didn't. I planned on playing with the kids with their new toys, but didn't. I planned on chatting with Emily in Mexico, but I didn't. I even planned on having everyone stay for the big pot of homemade spaghetti, but they didn't. In fact the only thing I did in the last 4 days was lie prone with alternating fever, chills, aches, cough, and a KILLER headache! BUT, I did receive very nice gifts this year: a black patent leather Coach purse from my dad and Twylla; a red patent wallet from Diane; a Kindle from Bob; an installed home security system from Molly and Jeff; and a new portrait camera lens from Patrick, Sarah,Emily,Hannah,and Zach. So Thank You to all! And I shared this very nasty flu with Jill, Hannah, and Diane. You're Welcome! But this too shall pass...