Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkins, Piggies and Princesses




Luke is our Pumpkin Boy. And anyone that knows him, knows that Fall is his favorite season. Luke has been very reluctant to take naps for the past 3 weeks. Enter the bribe. Bob and I ran errands the other day. At Aldi's, we came across a skid of the biggest pumpkins we have ever seen in a grocery store. I had Bob pick a big, perfectly formed one to buy for Luke. Truthfully there were bigger, but Bob refused to risk a hernia getting it! His eyes popped when he walked in on Friday morning. Whose pumpkin is that? Is it real? Can I have it? The trap was set! I told him he could earn it by taking a nap. A Good Nap. He did- he napped like it was his job! He loves his pumpkin. I am scared he might name it and keep it as a pet.
Patrick stayed home sick with the kids on Thursday. Patrick napped like it was his job. Luke showed me a secret on Friday when he came over. Look! He tore off his socks and revealed 5 perfectly polished little piggies. It went well with the red circles drawn all over his face.
Ever see a princess fairy throw a fit? Look no further. Sophie was in rare form. She argued with Luke over everything, refused to share, wouldn't listen, and to cap things off- she threw herself on the ground, screaming and kicking her feet. I did the first thing that came to mind. I grabbed my camera and took her picture! A picture is worth a thousand words.