Thursday, September 13, 2012

We're (Almost) Famous

We were published in today's Bulletin Board in the Saint Paul Pioneer Press! (I was very surprised since I sent this story in over 3 months ago!)

*******************************************************************************
"Keeping your ears open

Grandma Jody:  Conversation overheard  in the backseat between 4 1/2 year-old  Princess Sophie and 7 year-old Luke (AKA Boy Genius) by my daughter Sarah.

Princess Sophie:  "Today I petted a tarantula, a moth, and some other bugs too!"

Boy Genius:  "A spider is NOT a bug- it is an arachnid. Arachnids have 8 legs, bugs have six."

Princess Sophie:  "Well, the tarantula was really nice! She didn't have any claws!"

Boy Genius:  "Mom, can that be true that tarantulas can be nice?" Apparently not convinced, he turns to Princess Sophie, "Hey, they aren't claws, they are fangs. And there are no nice tarantulas. It still wanted  to bite you, it just couldn't." "