Grandma Jody of St. Paul:ASK A SERIOUS QUESTION...
My daughter Hannah just moved to Albany, New York where she doesn't know a soul. Her birthday is coming up ( August 23rd),so I asked the grand-kids to write her a letter, or draw a picture to send her. Five-year-old Sophie went right to work on a crayon drawing. When she was done, I asked her what it was so I could title it and she could sign it. Luke, AKA Boy Genius, at 7 years- old is a good artist. He previously drew Hannah a very detailed and accurate picture of a stethoscope, thermometer, and blood pressure cuff to take with her to Med School. So I was surprised when he was finished with his ink and marker creation and I didn't have an idea what is was! Without hurting his feelings, I tried to gently probe him for answers.
Grandma Jody: "I must be having a hard time seeing today. What exactly is this a picture of, Luke?"
Luke: "Gramma, it's not a picture of anything. It's an abstract!" That kid!
Happy Birthday Hannah. We love and miss you.