Friday, April 6, 2012

I'm (Almost) Famous Too!

I was so distracted by the kids picture in Bulletin Board, I almost missed my own entry printed today!

Writes Grandma Jody:

"Due to the continuing "Great Recession", I have been pinching pennies where I can. One of these measures was to change my laundry detergent from my first choice for the past 37 years to another, cheaper brand. I hadn't noticed the difference when I washed clothes, but when I washed my bedding the other day, I noticed an unpleasant odor. Unfortunately for me I had washed everything including my 2 down pillows. Grandpa Bob didn't notice anything different. I, on the other hand, was driven to distraction by the new smell and spent the last 2 nights tossing and turning.Today, four-year-old Sophie came for the day. As she lie down for her nap, her little head popped right back up off the pillow.
"Grandma", she whispered, "smell my pillow."
She paused as she wrinkled her nose with disgust.
"It smells like............cat pee!"

I am vindicated! Gotta go. I'm off to rewash the bedding in my new, "old" detergent."'