Thursday, September 15, 2011

Junk Bonanza

Today was the opening of the Junk Bonanza weekend in Shakopee- a favorite once a year antique boutique show of mine. I went with my cousin Robyn and we walked our legs off for 4 hours trying to take a peek at everything. I really had my heart set on an antique dress-form, but unfortunately they were either sold to the early-birds who paid extra to get in or were way too pricy to buy just for fun in an upstairs sewing room that no one will ever see. And I would've loved to have found a crystal chandelier for Sophie's room, but the cheapest one I liked was almost a hundred bucks, so I passed. It will be a lot more thrilling when I find either one at a thrift store for $9.99! But I certainly didn't go home empty handed. As one booth proclaimed on their chalkboard, " It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on."



My Loot Shoot: A little red chair for $6, 2 thick wooden painted yardsticks for $4. A spool of pinkish-red cotton twill trim for sewing for $2, 2 artist-made vintage jumbo sewing notion cards- one of buttons and one of rick-rack, $15 for the two.The artist was really cool- she also made a giant vintage camera- I told her that I love that she's a weirdo like me. (You know how I am about Big and Little!) I also bought a set of vintage alphabet tiles for a buck apiece that spell out Kippels!