Monday, November 1, 2010

Things That Go Bump in the Night




The Murray's came over with pumpkin shaped pizza before they got dressed for the night. I was chatting with Aunty Emily online,and we went to video so she could see the kids in their finery. Patrick and I went Trick -or-Treating with the little goblins. All was well in Sophie's world until we went to a "haunted' house, complete with live actors and a fog machine. "Uppy me daddy," the princess witch cried. "I want to go home." Sophie and Patrick headed home. The fire chief and I toughed it out for another 45 minutes or more. He used his very best manners and belted out "Have a Happy Halloween" on his way back from each door. He started to get nervous that I couldn't find my way home in the dark, and his bag was so heavy he was dragging it up and down steps, so we headed home too. First order of business at home was sorting and counting his loot. What a haul! What a night!